Google a Name
Fortieth Annual Kin Dig
Kin Dig 2020 will be held online on Saturday, October 24.
This year Kin Dig is only $15!
We’ll have four topics. Sign-in will be between 9:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Presentations begin at 10:05 a.m.
Bonus - Registration includes free AVGS membership with Ancestry Library Edition
If you are not already an AVGS member, your Kin Dig Registration will give you free membership through the end of the year, including access to Ancestry Library Edition from home!
Our raffle includes chances to win free software and free subscriptions to top online genealogy sites and a DNA test:
- Genealogy Bank
- Roots Magic
- Family Tree Maker
- Family Finder DNA test from Family Tree DNA
Every Kin Dig Registration includes one free raffle ticket! To purchase additional raffle tickets, call Paulette at (661) 269-4452.
Kin Dig Features Four Talks:
- When the Records Are Gone: How to by-pass burned courthouses and other record loss to trace your American Ancestors. Strategies and Sources—printed books, surviving manuscripts, maps and geography, internet databases, and digital documents.
- Using American Military Sources: How to match what you find with other record sources to prove your ancestry. Your ancestor moved around from the time he served to his time and place of death. How do you know the man in the grave is the same guy who served in the War?
- Overcoming Brick Walls with DNA: Learn from 4 case studies how DNA was used to overcome a brick wall that stood since the 1950s, solved the mystery of the parent of two sisters, another that revealed step-grandpa was really dad, and a case of an unknown father. Also included is an overview of the 4 types of DNA used in genealogy: Y-DNA, mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), autosomal DNA (Family Finder) and X Match and how to decode the confusing terms of DNA.
- Third Party Tools: A brief overview of what third party tools are and which are housed on the Internet and which live on your computer. Included are GEDMatch, DNA Gedcom.com, the Autosomal DNA Utility, Genetic Affairs, and DNA Painter and how to use some of the features of each.
Click here for the flyer! You can pay online below or fill out the form at the bottom of the flyer and mail your registration with your check. Mail-in registrations must be posted no later than October 19.
©Copyright 2006-2020 Antelope Valley Genealogical Society, Inc. All rights reserved